Wednesday 27th April 2011

Breakfast... was too soon after Ollie's milk feed and he just wasn't interested. Didn't even pick anything up. I was surprised, as I didn't think he associated food with hunger yet...

I did try breakfast again after his nap (he went straight to bed after the failed breakfast) but I  had a porridge diaster so I gave up and gave him his milk feed a bit early.

Lunch was interesting! We had tuna patties and pear. Ollie didn't seem to love the patties, but did eat some. Then I gave him pear, quartered as usual. He ate nearly a whole pear! I couldn't believe it. He got quite grumpy when only a teeny (pea sized) bit was left of each bit, but was quickly placated when I gave him another bit. Before I knew it, the whole pear was gone. He then had another go at his smooshed tuna patties, picking up quite small pieces and sucking them into his mouth.

I do believe we have turned an eating corner! Now I think I need to make sure there is an easy food with EVERY meal as he will start to rely on calories etc. from his solids. After the seemingly successful lunch at daycare yesterday, I am very optimistic!

Dinner was butter chicken! Ollie loved it, couldn't pick up the rice, but really enjoyed the butter chicken (made from scratch, finished in the crockpot).

No comments:

Post a Comment